The bike must be secured to a fixed point during the theft and locked with an approved bike lock from among these standards:
- ABUS (security 10 or higher);
- VdS approved (A+ or B+) (AXA hiplock, Kryptonite, Linka (with a chain), Master lock, Texlock, Trelock) ;
- ART (category 2 or higher) ;
- FUB (2 wheels or higher);
- Sold Secure Silver (or Gold);
Examples of approved locks (non-exhaustive list):
- Kryptonite EVOLUTION Integrated Chain series
- Kryptonite New York U-lock series
- ABUS Detecto SmartX
- ABUS Granit CityChain X-Plus 1060
- AXA Newton Promoto 4
- AXA Solid Plus + Plug-in Chain DPI
- Trelock RS 481, RS 481 + ZR 455 (chain)
- Trelock U5 Mini series
- Decathlon Elops U 920 ART2 + cable
- OnGuard - BullDog Mini (FUB 2 wheels)
- OnGuard - Pitbull DT U-Lock (FUB 2 wheels)
You can find out more about the lock on the website of the lock maker, in the shop where you bought your bike or your lock, or even on any other specialized shop.
The lock does not have to be on the bike purchase invoice in order for the bike to be covered.
You can cover your lock by adding it in your insured limit.
Are you unsure about your insured limit? You can check this FAQ or contact us.