What are my obligations?
- The bicycle must be locked with a either ABUS (security 10 or more), [AXA Hiplok, Kryptonite, Linka (with chain), MasterLock, texlock, Trelock] and it is a VdS approved lock of class A+ or B+, or FUB (category 2 wheels or higher) approved, or approved by Sold Secure Silver (or Gold) or by approved ART category 2 (or higher), or Onguard locks and SRA Locks AND used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. The bike must ALSO be locked to a fixed point (e.g. a post) at the time of the theft. Examples of approved locks here.
- You must file a statement concerning the theft of your insured bike with the relevant police authorities within 24 hours of the incident.
- You must supply the purchase invoice of your bike when filing a claim for compensation.
- You must file your claim as soon as possible after the incident and within 8 days of the time when you became aware of the incident.
- The information you supply when taking out the policy must be accurate.
- If the bike is more than 30 days old, you must supply photographs when taking out the policy.